It’s that time of year when it’s important to take care of our physical health. However, you’re not the only one that needs a check-up this time of year – your home needs one too! To help you assess the health of your home, our team at Heavenly Sunshine Property Services has put together a home maintenance checklist that you can use when checking over your home this season:
Examine the appearance of your roof.
- Be on the lookout for mold or algae, which will commonly be found on the north side of your home – especially if you have a lot of trees and shade. Having this mold removed will prolong the life of your shingles.
- Check shingles for any buckling or curling up.
- Take note of protective pieces near pipes, skylights, and chimneys.
Rather than take the risk in climbing a ladder, call Heavenly Sunshine at 662-342-1203. We’ll take a look at your roof as well as will provide a free roof cleaning estimate.
Check the efficiency of your gutters and downspouts.
- Make sure your gutters are up for handling the side effects of fall and winter.
- Inspect gutter traps to make sure your downspout is secure.
Prevent Unwelcome pests
With cold weather, all sorts of creatures will want to enter your cozy abode. To avoid unwelcome pests:
- Scout out potential access points.
- Check to see if all entry doors are closing securely.
- Make sure your windows shut tightly.
Store your yard tools
- Properly store your yard tools so that they will be in good condition for the spring.
Examine your lighting.
Proper lighting for your property is crucial throughout the year. To make sure that your lighting is in the best condition:
- Shake out each light fixture for bugs and debris.
- Stock up on bulb sizes you frequently use. This will make replacement easy.
Swap out filters & test detectors.
- Make a note on your calendar to swap out filters and do a “beep” test on your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector.
Keep your room cozy.
- Consider thermal curtains to block out cold air.
Tend to your fireplace.
- Consider having a chimney sweep do a thorough inspection of your chimney.
- If the hearth is glass and it has become cloudy, use a solution of white vinegar and water to clean it. Wipe the solution with a microfiber cloth.
Remember: We clean, you relax! Heavenly Sunshine Property Services provides free estimates on all our services: Window cleaning, Roof cleaning (soft washing), Gutter Cleaning, Pressure Washing, Glass Restoration and also post construction clean up. Request a free quote today!